Ink is a finely crafted WordPress blogging theme, based on the latest narrative trend with sites like Exposure and Medium. With an emphasis on telling stories with style, Ink is designed with attention to details, and coded with the best possible coding practices.
Fully compatible with the latest WordPress 3.9, Ink is so simple to use that it does not come with a theme options panel. Instead it makes use of the built in Theme Customizer, which provides all the options you need, and lets you preview the changes as you customize on the fly.
Fully Responsive and Retina Ready — Ink looks nice on all devices, be it phone or tablets, it will adopt to any screen size and makes things look beautiful on retina displays.
SEO Optimized — Ink is coded by following best SEO practices and it is 100% compatible with industry-leading SEO plugins like “All on One SEO Pack” and “SEO by Yoast”.
New in v1.1.0
- Typekit fonts integration
- Recent Posts Grid widget, display blog style posts anywhere using widgetized pages
- Contributors widget, a nice way to show authors on your blog
- Current page template, displays the last published blog post
- Compatibility with Subtitles plugin, adds secondary post title
Compatible with Restrict Content Pro.
Ink is compatible with the Restrict Content Pro plugin (paid) which enables you to create a Membership based (paid or not) site. Restrict content from unsubscribed users, and require a membership to allow full access. Restrict Content Pro is a paid plugin and requires a separate purchase.
Theme Page Examples
- Widgetize Homepage
- Author Page
- Contact Page
- Custom 404 Page
- Premium Content Page, requires Restrict Content Pro plugin (paid)
- Post with Video Cover
Theme Features Highlights
- Responsive Design from Head to Footer
- Crisp and clear, minimalistic design approach, with refined typography
- Widgetized homepage that let’s you re-order every homepage section
- Optimized for Retina / HiDPI displays
- Child Theme Ready
- Change fonts on the move with Google Web Fonts
- Change accent color with a simple color picker
- Full Localisation Support ( .po/.mo files included )
- StagTools Compatible (free) – Adds shortcodes and custom widgets to your theme. For more info check the plugin page.
- Compatible with Stag Custom Sidebars
- Layered PSD files for easy customisation
- Dedicated support desk to keep you covered
- Extensive documentation ( Accessible both online and offline )
- Sass source files and Compass config included.
- Frequent theme updates to ensure optimal compatibility with industry technologies.
Theme Documentation & Change Log
The latest updates and bug fixes for this theme can be seen below and inside the theme files in a file called “changelog.md” or you can also view the online changelog.
= 1.1.0 – 14 June, 2014 =
* New - Typekit fonts integration * New - "Current" Page Template, displays the last published blog post * New - "Recent Posts (Grid)" widget to display blog posts in grid layout * New - "Contributors" widget, displays a list of all site contributors who published at least one post * New - Compatibility with Subtitles (https://wordpress.org/plugins/subtitles/) plugin, adds secondary post title * New - Added 'stag_custom_user_fields' filter to modify custom user social fields * New - Added 'post_words_count' filter, allows words count under post reading time to be changed * Fix - Issue with 'main' tag in IE * Fix - "Recent Posts" widget displaying draft/private post title * Fix - Post author visibility on single pages * Tweak - Restrict Content Pro forms styling * Improve - Compatibility with latest version of StagTools, includes new FontAwesome icons
= 1.0.9 – 31 May, 2014 =
* Fix - Issue on pages displaying blank space in IE
= 1.0.8 – 23 May, 2014 =
* New - Added support for Google Web fonts 'Character Subset' * Tweak - Merge multiple Google font requests in single request * Tweak - Hide post video cover if post is restricted or password protected * Tweak - Better widgets compatibility for PHP 5.2 * Fix - Post author visibility on single pages regardless of chose option
= 1.0.7 – 18 May, 2014 =
* Fix - Styling issue with ul, ol tags (h/t @gamesontables)
= 1.0.6 – 17 May, 2014 =
* New - Google plus field for user profiles * New - Feature Image "Caption" support for single pages * New - Option to show/hide "Post Categories" in post covers * Fix - Issue with analytics code block not displaying * Tweak - Author page styling for "Load More" button * Tweak - Removed reduntant codes * Tweak - Performance Improvements